Adjustment of extrusion dies It is destiny, and the privilege of a limited number of professionals. At each manufacturing aluminum extrusions figure spotter matrix it is a very important and difficult nonessential.
What is the correction matrix
Aluminum Extruders are well known, that a good state of extrusion dies is a critical factor for the good quality of extruded aluminum products - profiles, pipe, rods and bars, as well as for performance of the extrusion press.
Figure 1 – Схема экструзионного пресса 
Plot correction matrices at the factory for pressing aluminum - a manufacturing site or manufacturing workshop, where the matrices are technical inspection, maintenance and repair. Обычно различают два типа корректировок матриц :
- Adjustment of the new matrix before running it in production. It is made after the test pressing of this matrix. Its main objective – small changes of the matrix structure to improve the accuracy of the geometric dimensions of the pressed profile. Moreover, At this stage nitriding matrices to increase their surface hardness.
- Correction matrix after, as it fulfills the next production cycle on the press. In this case, the reasons for adjusting the matrices may be necessary to change the flow of aluminum, damage and wear, destruction, deflections and loss of hardness.
matrices adjustment portion Workers, that perform operations on the adjustment of the matrices, They called spotters matrices. They control matrix resources and are usually responsible for the preparation of matrix sets, perform a test pressing of new or amended matrices, matrices repair, as well as technical matrices service and related auxiliary support tools, such as the bolster and backing.
matrices spotters must have a high level of technical skills and knowledge. При принятии решения о корректировке матрицы необходимо принимать во внимание следующее :
- To eliminate one and the same profile of the defect can be carried out several options for the matrix adjustment.
- Some adjustments may be costly and time-consuming.
- Improperly selected adjustment can reduce the service life of the matrix.
- Sometimes it may take several adjustments to eliminate the only problem.
Therefore, the correct selection and implementation of optimal corrective operations on the matrices are very important. To make the right decisions matrices spotters must have many practical skills and abilities, as well as the necessary technical knowledge.
1. Die Defects and Die Corrections in Metall Extrusion / S. FROM. Qamar, T. Pervez and J. Ch. Chekotu, Metals, 2018, 8, 380
For full qualification requirements for a Matrix Adjuster, see. в рубрике ПЛАТНЫЙ КОНТЕНТ: