Powder coating of metal products, for example, for aluminum profiles, is a complex technological process. Для обеспечения высокого качества порошковых покрытий необходимо держать в оптимальных интервалах большое количество технологических параметров на всех этапах производства: от подготовки поверхности изделия под окраску до выхода готового окрашенного изделия из печи полимеризации.
The problem of ensuring the quality of powder coating
A nightmare of a powder coating technologist - massive defects on an already finished powder coating. Many defects can have several reasons for their origin.. Quickly identify and eliminate the cause of such a defect, or even more than one - not an easy task.
Чаще всего причинами этих дефектов является нарушение технологических параметров нанесения покрытия:
- dust and other contaminants from the ambient air or oven atmosphere
- poor compressed air quality
- insufficient surface preparation
- violations of electrostatic powder spraying technology
- violation of heating parameters in the polymerization oven.
When compressed air and all process parameters are in order, there is not a single speck of dust in the powder coating area, but defects still "don't go away", то самое время проверить:
- powder paint quality, which is applied to the product.
for instance, powder coating defects such as "craters" can appear for many reasons, such as insufficient surface degreasing or excessive oil in the compressed air. However, another cause of craters may be the mutual reaction of two incompatible paints, who inadvertently ended up nearby in the spraying equipment.
Another example might be the "pseudo-crap" defect. It occurs due to a too thick powder layer, violation of the heating parameters of the product in the polymerization oven or, the so-called, reverse ionization by electrostatic powder spraying. At the same time, another reason for this defect, more rare, may be a violation of the recipe composition of the paint, что привело к недостаточной растекаемости краски перед отверждением (полимеризацией) или преждевременному ее отверждению (полимеризации).
However, without a doubt, the scourge of powder coating technologists is such a defect in powder coating, as "inclusions". In English it is called "bits" or "seeds". These are small foreign objects visible to the naked eye., particles not melted in the furnace, which are usually completely or partially covered with paint. Often they really, similar, on the smallest seeds scattered They appear as if from nowhere and often leave by themselves. They appear after, how the coating is "baked" and comes out of the oven. By this time, it is already too late to do something to eliminate them and there is nothing left but to completely repaint the finished painted products or send them to scrap.
"Habitual" causes of powder coating defect "inclusion" are insufficiently cleaned, "dirty", compressed air or foreign particles and airborne contaminants in the powder coating area, as well as at the entrance to the polymerization furnace.
A more hidden cause of the "inclusion" defect may be the problems of the powder paint itself., such as contaminated starting materials, prematurely polymerized particles, large agglomerates of particles of additives and others.
What is "powder paint quality"
When solving problems with the quality of powder paint, many questions arise., including:
- Каковы показатели качества порошковой краски?
- Как эти показатели качества порошковой краски влияют на технологию электростатического напыления?
- Как состав порошковой краски влияет на качество готового покрытия?
- Какие методы испытаний применяют для контроля качества порошковой краски?
Quality control of coating powders
These and other questions are answered by the Aluminum-Guide developed by the team.
- Guide "Контроль качества порошковых красок: indicators, methods, standards "
This guide is intended for those, who in one way or another works with powder paint and faces problems with:
- powder paint production
- supplying it to consumers
- ordering paint for our own paint production
- powder coating of their products "on the side"
- transportation of paint from the manufacturer to the place of its application
- input and periodic quality control of powder paint in the paint production
- storage of paint in the conditions of paint production
- industrial powder coating
- identifying the causes of defects in powder coatings in the paint production
- development of measures to prevent powder coating defects.
This document, in general or some of its sections, может быть полезен для работы на различных уровнях производственной ответственности:
- management personnel - when making decisions and organizational measures to improve the quality of products or services
- engineering and technical personnel - for a deeper understanding of technological processes in production areas, which they lead
- to working personnel of industrial painting lines - to replenish and systematize practical knowledge and work skills
- product or service quality controllers - for effective quality control of powder coatings.
The structure of this document is organized as follows, so that every interested manager, engineer, specialist, the laboratory technician or operator of the equipment could extract useful information from it for their terms of reference and their level of responsibility:
- Section 1 - Who is this manual for and who will benefit from it and how.
- In section 2 shown, how powder paint can be a source of powder coating defects.
- In section 3 the factors, which affect the quality of powder paint during its manufacture, transportation and storage.
- In section 4 представлен обзор свойств и характеристик порошковых красок Все показатели качества порошковой краски и методы их испытаний сведены в общую таблицу с указанием всех стандартов по методам их испытаний: 19 ISO and ASTM standards.
- In sections 5 and 6 a review of testing methods for physical, chemical and thermal indicators of the quality of powder paint, established in ISO and ASTM standards. For each test method, its general principle is indicated., physical or chemical meaning, necessary equipment, brief description of the procedure, technological explanations. Sections 5 and 6 intended, first of all, for engineers and technicians of laboratories and quality control services, who practically control the quality of powder paint or finished powder coating.
How to get the guide
Для приобретения руководства «Контроль качества порошковых красок: показатели, methods, standards "follow the link The quality control of coating powders: indicators, methods, standards - Guide and place your order.