Nominal chemical composition
Normalized chemical composition
comparison of alloys 6060, 6063 and AD31
See. table 1 and figure below. Alloy 606035 – internal company HYDRO c alloy narrowed intervals of chemical elements in the alloy 6060. This alloy is often used in the production of aluminum profiles for walling – window, doors, facades.
- Thermally hardenable
- Partial analogues: alloys 6063 and AD31.
- Compared with 6063 AD31 and abortion 6060 It has an excessive content of Si relative to the magnesium. The silicon content is about the same, and the magnesium content is much lower: 0,35-0,6 instead 0,45-0,9 %.
- Maximum iron content: 0,30 compared with 0,35 % in 6063 and 0,5 % in AD31.
- The place of alloy 6060 among other 6xxx series alloys – look. picture below.
- EN 573-3: 2013: EN AW-6060 и EN AW-Al MgSi
- Teal Sheet – Aluminium Association: 6060
- Unified Numbering System (UNS): А96060
- ISO 209:2007: 6060
- DIN 1725-1 (canceled): AlMgSi0.5 and 3.3206
- Enclosing constructions, such as windows, facade constructions, enter the store, winter gardens.
- internal partitions, stairs, fences, rail.
- Heat dissipating elements ("combs") of electronic devices, including, computers.
- Flexible Assembly Systems, elements of engineering equipment.
- Details trucks body.
- Interior equipment of passenger cars.
- irrigation, heating and cooling pipes.
- Furniture and office equipment.
Normalized mechanical properties
Table 2 –
requirements EN 755-2: 2016 to mechanical properties
extruded rods, tubes and profiles of alloy 6060
Typical mechanical properties
See. table 2:
- tensile strength
- yield point (0.2 %)
- elongation (A)
- Shear strength
- Vickers hardness
Table 2 – Typical mechanical properties of the alloy 6060 
Elastic modulus (Young's modulus)
- in tension and compression - 69000 MPa
- Shear - 26000 MPa.
2,70 g / cm3 at 20 ° C
from 600 to 655 ° C.
The coefficient of linear thermal expansion
23,5 μm / (m K) in the range from 20 to 100 ° C.
200 W / (m K)
880-900 J / (kg K)
52 % IACS (54 % in relation to annealed copper)
- Good arc-welded under inert gas, in particular, argon arc welding, as non-consumable electrode (GTAW-TIG), and consumable electrode (GMWA-MIG).
- Conventional welding alloy - 4043.
580-585 ° C for at least 2 hours.
420 ° C.
510 ° C.
185 ° C. 5 hours.
In the state T4.
1. European Aluminium Association – http://www.alueurope.eu
2. EN 573-3:2013
3. EN 755-2:2016
4. TALAT 1302