Nominal chemical composition
Normalized chemical composition
Table 1 – The chemical composition of 6005A aluminum alloy in accordance with EN 573-3
- EN 573-3: EN AW-6005A и EN AW-Al SiMg (A)
- International Registration (Teal Sheats – Aluminum Association): 6005A
- Unified Numbering System (UNS): А96005A
- ISO 209:2007: 6005A
- DIN 1725-1 (canceled): AlMgSi0.7 and 3.3210
- Thermally hardenable
- It refers to alloys with an average level of strength
- The strengthening component is the intermetallic compound Mg2Si. When the proportion of the nominal chemical composition of this compound is 0,9 %, wherein the excess silicon content is 0,4 %.
- Manganese and chromium provide resistance to crystallization, which ensures control of the morphology and grain size during heat treatments in the technological cycle 
- Typical material condition - T6: extruded sections are cooled with water after heating for quenching at 530 ºC and artificial aging at 175 ° C within 8 hours 
- Location 6005A alloy among other alloys 6xxx series – look. picture below.
- Extruded profiles and pipes, which require a higher level of strength, than can provide alloy 6063
- frame details, seats and suspension of passenger cars
Normalized mechanical properties
Table 2 – Requirements for mechanical properties of the alloy 6005A in EN 755-2
Typical mechanical properties
Table 3 – Typical mechanical properties of alloy 6005A 
yield strength 0,2 %
See. table 3.
See. table 3.
2,70 g / cm3 at 20 ° C
Interval melting temperature
605 – 655 ° C
Coefficient of thermal expansion
Linear: 23,6 μm / (m ° C) in the range from 20 by 100 ° C.
- Compressibility: medium
- Machining by cutting: medium to mediocre
- Weldability: good
- Formability: medium
- Alloy 6005, base
- Cplav 6005B.
- Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, ed. J. R. Quote - AMS International, 1993
- Aluminium & Car: design, technology, innovation – Edimet Spa, 2005