Nominal chemical composition
Chemical composition according to EN 573-3
- GOST 4784-97: AMC
- EN 573-3: EN AW-3003 и EN AW-Al Mn1Cu
- International Registration (Teal Sheats) – Aluminum Association: 6005A
- Unified Numbering System (UNS): A93003
- ISO 209: 3003
- DIN 1725-1 (canceled): AlMnCu and 3.0517
- Processed by pressing (extrusion) methods, drawing, hot and cold rolling.
- The main alloying element – manganese. Manganese, among other things, It provides good control of crystallization and grain growth.
- Another alloying element – copper. Copper contributes to the mechanical properties.
- Typical material conditions are: H1x, H2x, O, H112.
- H112 condition is typical for extruded profiles. In this case, it means: “pressed and subjected to tension straightening”.
Aluminum alloy 3003 used there, where good formability, very good resistance to corrosion and good weldability or all three properties together, and when the required strength above, than is available unalloyed aluminum.
alloy 3003 make:
- Technological and Commercial Equipment food and chemical industry,
- trim and finish in the construction and transport vehicles,
- pressure vessels,
Mechanical properties according to EN 755-2
Table 2 – Requirements for mechanical properties of the alloy 3003 в IN 755-2
Typical mechanical properties
Tensile strength (tensile strength)
Table 3 – Typical mechanical properties of the alloy 3003 
The conditioned tensile yield strength
See. table 3.
A (d5) – 5-fold sample - see. table 3.
About the same, as well as the tensile.
Yield stress Shear
About 55 % of tensile strength.
See. table 3.
Fromm. table 3.
0,33 at 20 oC.
Elastic modulus (Young's modulus)
at stretching – 70000 MPa
Shear - 25000 MPa
2,73 g / cm3 at 20 ° C
Interval melting temperature
liquidus: 654 ° C
temperature solydus: 643 ° C
Coefficient of thermal expansion
Linear: 23,2 μm / (m ∙ ° С) in the range from 20 to 100 ° C.
Volume: 67 ∙ 10-6 m3 / (m3∙ K) at 20 ° C.
The ability to heat strengthened
Aluminium alloy 3003 good arc-welded under inert gas, in particular, argon arc welding, as non-consumable electrode (GTAW-TIG), and consumable electrode (GMWA-MIG). Welding Alloys - Aluminum Alloys 1100 and 4043.
415 ° C.
1) Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, ed. J. R. Quote.
2) IN 573-3.
3) IN 755-2.