This catalogue contains visual quality characteristics of extruded profiles made of soft and medium-strength aluminium alloys such as 6060, 6063, 6005A, 6061 and 6082. The visual quality characteristics of profiles made of high-strength aluminium alloys, such as alloys of the 2xxx, 5xxx and 7xxx series, may also have their own types due to its high alloying and peculiarities of their manufacturing technology [1, 2].
All presented surface defects are classified into three sections for reasons of their occurrence:
- Extrusion-press-related surface defects
- Metallurgical-related surface defects
- Mechanically-related surface defects
The document is intended to facilitate coordination between customers and manufacturers of extruded aluminium profiles by providing agreed terminology, description and images that are understandable to both parties. It can also be useful in training new employees in the production and supply of extruded aluminium profiles.
The full version of the catalogue includes 34 defect types, 59 images and 10 references.
This ctalogue gives you the ability to:
- distinguish between the types of surface defects of aluminum profiles;
- identify the causes of these defects;
- take prompt action to prevent the occurrence of these defects.